How to be faster in corners in sim racing
One of the keys to success in sim racing is being fast through corners.
Not only do fast corners save time, but they also allow you to carry more speed down the straightaways and gain an advantage over your competitors. H
ere are some tips on how to be faster in corners in sim racing:
- Practice your braking. Proper braking is essential for fast cornering. Practice braking at different points on the track and experiment with different brake pressure to find what works best for you.
- Use proper hand positioning on the wheel. Proper hand placement on the steering wheel can help you maintain better control of the car. Try to keep your hands at the 9 and 3 o'clock positions, and use a light touch when steering.
- Look ahead. Instead of focusing on the car in front of you, try to look ahead to where you want to go. This will help you anticipate turns and make better decisions on the track.
- Use proper weight transfer. When entering a corner, make sure to transfer the weight of the car to the outside wheels. This will help the car turn more easily and maintain grip through the turn.
- Manage your tires. Proper tire management is crucial for fast cornering. Make sure to keep an eye on your tire wear, and consider pitting for new tires when needed.
- Adjust your driving settings. Most sim racing games allow you to customize your driving settings, including the level of assistance you receive from the game. Experiment with different settings to find what works best for you.
- Learn the track. Familiarize yourself with the layout of the track you'll be racing on, including the turns and braking points. You can use the Track Titan platform to analyse your own racing on the Track and to compare yourself to pro drivers.
By following these tips, you can improve your cornering speed and dominate the competition on the track. Happy racing!
You can also improve your speed by using our Track Titan app! Click here to improve!